Change the Way You Play the Game Forever
Learn from top coaches in the game (training NHL, OHL, KHL athletes)! Discover comprehensive skill training under the guidance of our professional hockey coaches.
Intech Skills & Conditioning is the sister company to Intech HPT in Canada.
Intech has always been committed to the advancement of performance training and injury prevention by sharing knowledge to expand sport specific skills, conditioning, and all around abilities and health of athletes on and off the ice.
The entire #InTechFamily is passionate about helping its athletes achieve their personal wellness goals, both on the ice and in life.
Discover the Intech Philosophy
We help kids achieve their goals and teach them the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in life through our hockey camps, clinics and Spring or Fall development programs.
- Edge control
- Sprinting forwards/backwards
- Extension/recover with proper trunk rotation, ankle flex, hip rotation
- Power turn techniques with correct angles and shoulder checks
- Eagles with proper loads (pushes/pulls)
- Hip protects with proper trunk rotation and weight distribution
- Mohawks with proper weight distribution
- Forwards to backwards pivots different angles for various game situations
- Escape turns
- Single leg loads and explodes
- Single leg pivots with proper weight distribution and hip mobility
* All techniques will also emphasize proper stick mechanics.
* All techniques will be delivered and explained to incorporate into game play.
* All techniques will be performed with or without puck to ensure proper stick mechanics.
Shooting and Stick Skills
- Wrist, snap, backhand and slap shots
- Each shot is important for the development of the young hockey player
- How to load the shot with proper weight transfer techniques/trunk rotation and proper hip movement
- How to shoot from different load positions with upper/lower body mechanics
- Learning how to have quick releases with deception to maximize scoring potential
- Shooting in transition
- How to load while receiving passes to get shot off quickly (one timers, catch and shoots, receive and transition)
Stick Handling Mechanics
- Proper wrist control and weight transfer
- Body posture with good stick positioning and hand positioning
- Pulls/pushes/protects with proper upper/lower body mechanics
- Various types of passing techniques and how to receive passes using full radius
- How to attack the player with good body posture and stick mechanics (for checker/defender)
- Loading legs properly and stick mechanics to create separation (player from puck)
- Gap control
* All of these skills are performed at a high level with excellent skating techniques and stick mechanics.
- Deception (use of various stick fakes/head and vision techniques)
- How to find soft zones to support the puck
- Changing speeds and angles of attack
* Offensive skills can be performed at high levels with excellent skating and stick mechanics.
- Incorporation of all skills developed to transition into game situations
- How to play with other players to read options and puck support
- Transitioning puck from strong side to weak side to expose opposition and create odd man opportunities
- Defensive zone play and proper positioning
- Offensive zone play and proper positioning
- Transitioning from offense to defense and vice versa
- Communication with other players
- Small area games to develop battling techniques and how to support the puck
"Intech hockey camps, clinics and development programs teach young players a wide range of skills. Find out how you can improve your skating mechanics and transitions, your shooting and stick skills, your battling and containment techniques, your offensive skills, and your overall game play."
Murray's Skating Center
Serving the diverse needs of children and adults of all ages, Murray's Skating Center has provided a wide range of skating programs and special events to the residents of Yonkers and the surrounding areas since 1960. Visit the rink for skating lessons, hockey or recreational skating and see what a great experience your entire family will enjoy.
Address: 348 Tuckahoe Road, Yonkers, NY 10710
Brewster Ice Arena
Conveniently located at the intersection of Interstates 684 & 84 just one mile north of the Westchester County border in North Salem, Brewster Ice Arena first opened its doors in the Fall of 1997. This three-level 90,000 sq. ft. facility features two regulation-sized indoor ice rinks, an outdoor rink, and a studio rink. Other features include a gym and banquet facility.
Address: 63 Fields Lane, Brewster, NY, 10509
"(Derrell) Levs is like a younger brother to me, he was a hard working kid growing up! He knows no quit and he expects that from his team and himself. That's what I appreciate most about Intech. Playing in the NHL for many years leaves you with some battle wounds. Levs and the Intech family work around the clock to make sure I'm at my ultimate best. Can't thank the Intech team enough!"
"Since the day I started at Intech it has felt like a second family. You always look forward to coming to the gym in the morning and you leave knowing you put in the work to make yourself a better athlete. (Derrell) Levs works with each athlete and changes certain aspects of their training to benefit each one, and that's what separates him and Intech from the competitors. I've been with Intech for two summers now and have gone to camp each year in elite shape."
"When I first came to Intech I was still pretty sick... it was unclear if I would ever get better... Derrell Levy and the Intech family were determined to make me better and believed in me as an athlete and a person! I've played 18 games (with the NJ Devils) thus far... seems like a lot for a guy who wasn't able to walk two years ago... I can't thank (Intech) enough for what they have done for me and I believe that my success is truly theirs as well."
"I have been training with Derrell since I was sixteen so it will be 5 years pretty soon. It's easy to tell how much his training has helped me on and off the ice, with battles in the corner, skating faster and having a stronger shot. Derrell and I have become family over the years and he cares for me like I'm his little sister, plus being one of the few girls a part of Intech he always watched over me. It's nice knowing where ever I go in life Derrell will always welcome me back to train with him or just to catch up."